Re: Challenge-response mail filters considered harmful (was Re: Look

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 16:29:23 -0700 Alan Connor wrote:
> > From sl@eskimo.com Wed Aug  6 16:21:40 2003
> >
> > On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 09:10:03 -0700, Alan Connor <alanc@eskimo.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > For all that you do in trying to fight the spam problem, I find it
> > ironic that you yourself are contributing to the problem through
> > your mail headers. You're grossly violating your own netiquette that
> > you previously preached to us regarding PGP/GPG signatures.
>
> Either this is a sick joke (and a poor one at that) or it is criminal.

Either that, or you're the sick joke. Here's the From: header from the
email I'm replying to:

   From: Alan Connor <alanc@mail2.expernet.pt>

Do you also have an account at my service provider? Or is it that you're just incapable of setting up your mail system to show the real origin of
your emails? Anyway, you're incurring in mail forgery.

--
Carlos Sousa
http://vbc.dyndns.org/