Re: Challenge-response mail filters considered harmful (was Re: Look at

> From dfokkema@ileos.nl Wed Aug  6 08:41:46 2003
>

> On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 10:57:21PM -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 09:55:11AM +0200, David Fokkema wrote:
> > > Agreed. Although the 'very high' depends on the willingness of people to
> > > answer challenges.
> >
> > I won't respond to TMDA challenges anymore.  Some spammers actually
> > send out TMDA-like messages to get your email address, adding to the
> > reasons why TMDA is inconsiderate at best to other users.

I have never seen one of those. And I'll bet you can't produce an example,
Mr. Johnson.

> Hmmm... very inconvenient. Of course, if it would _really_ have been
> TMDA, you would have your own original mail attached to it. It now seems
> that filtering is the _only_ solution, ;-)
>
> David

Ah! Another member of the anti-CR crowd....

One second you are screaming that CR's  are wasting bandwidth and cluttering
up the internet, and the next you are complaining because they don't include
the original message, which as anyone knows, with spam, can be hundreds of
kb's long.

The CR's from MSP have Re: the_subject_of_the_original_message  on the
subject line. As do the CRs from ANY well-designed system.

Does that bullet-hole in your foot hurt?

Alan

--
      For Linux/Bash users: Eliminate spam with the Mailbox-Sentry-Program.
         See: http://tinyurl.com/inpd  for the scripts and docs.