Re: kernel 2.6.0-test2 and mii-tool

Hello Francois!

On Tuesday 05 August 2003 14:40, François Chenais wrote:

> I just have built kernel 2.6.0-test2 from kernel.org sources but I
> have a problem using mii-tool and alsamixer.
>
>    mii-tool says
>       SIOCGMIIPHY on 'eth0' failed: Operation not supported

According to
http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0307.2/0119.html
it is a problem with Debian's mii-tool, try to get a cvs version
(sorry, don't know where, possibly somewhere at
http://scyld.com/page/support/network/).

>    alsamixer says
>
>       alsamixer: function snd_ctl_open failed for default: No such
>       file or directory

Hmm, are you sure you loaded all the necessary modules for your
particular card?
Perhaps better doublecheck...

HTH,
Flo