Re: Easy/Fast way to view a package's debian/changelog

Michael D. Schleif wrote:
Yes, I have a mixed system, preferring to stay with stable; but, I need
certain packages from testing and unstable . . .

However, it is python-apt that has the problem with the non-existent
libapt packages.

Nevertheless, I have stable, testing and unstable in sources.list, and
depend on apt.conf and preferences to give me the right stuff.  Yet,
this is what I get:

   # sudo apt-get -u install apt-listchanges python-apt=0.5.4.3
   Reading Package Lists... Done
   Building Dependency Tree... Done
   or been moved out of Incoming.

     python-apt: Depends: python (< 2.2) but 2.2.3-3 is to be installed
   E: Sorry, broken packages

   # sudo apt-get -u install apt-listchanges python-apt=0.5.5.2
   Reading Package Lists... Done
   Building Dependency Tree... Done
   or been moved out of Incoming.

     python-apt: Depends: libapt-inst-libc6.3-5-1.0
                 Depends: libapt-pkg-libc6.3-5-3.3
   E: Sorry, broken packages
So, what am I missing?

Grab python-apt=0.5.4.4 from snapshot.debian.net. It is the version that is actually installable on the current testing.