Re: Easy/Fast way to view a package's debian/changelog

Also sprach Colin Watson (Mon 04 Aug 02003 at 03:16:03PM +0100):
> On Mon, Aug 04, 2003 at 04:00:48PM +0200, Henning Moll wrote:
> > Sometimes when there is a new version (not upstream version, internal
> > debian version only) i would like to know about the changes.
> >
> > Is there any other way to view debian/changelog than to download the
> > source package?
>
> Have you tried installing and using apt-listchanges? It does require
> downloaded packages, but hooks into apt so that you don't have to do so
> by hand.

Normally, I'd agree with you.  However, apt-listchanges was
automagically removed from my boxen several months ago.  Worse,
installing apt-listchanges depends on python-apt, which -- in turn --
depends on two (2) virtual packages that do *not* exist:

   libapt-inst-libc6.3-5-1.0
   libapt-pkg-libc6.3-5-3.3

Personally, I'd love to be using apt-listchanges again ;>

What do you think?

--
Best Regards,

mds