Re: kde v3x: konqueror crashing ???

Also sprach Michael D. Schleif (Sat 02 Aug 02003 at 02:33:39PM -0500):
> I am running testing.
>
> I have followed the instructions here:
>
> 	<http://wiki.debian.net/index.cgi?DebianKDE>
>
> I had quite the trip!  I had a previously torqued kde install, and
> removed everything until `dpkg -l 'kd*' | grep ^i' ran clean.

<snip />

For the record, this is what I have done on two (2) woody boxen to
upgrade from kde2 to kde3:

[1] /etc/init.d/kdm stop

[2] Run the following commands to get a list of kde/qt packages to be
rid of:

   dpkg -l '*kd*' | grep ^i
   dpkg -l 'k*' | grep ^i
   dpkg -l '*qt*' | grep ^i

[3] Run something like this command, based on results of [2]:

   apt-get -u remove --purge libqt2 kdm kde kdebase-doc kdewallpapers libkdenetwork1

[4] Repeat [2] until all related packages are gone

[5] Run the following commands, and remove *all* kde/qt remnants,
possibly including the actual debs:

   find / | grep -i kd | less
   find / | grep -i qt | less

[6] Edit /etc/apt/preferences:

   Package: *
   Pin: release a=testing
   Pin-Priority: 900

   Package: *
   Pin: release a=unstable
   Pin-Priority: 600

[5] When your system is really clean, then run this:

   apt-get -u update
   apt-get -u -t unstable install kde kdm

Of course, all of the above requires root authority.  I use sudo, and
this worked on two out of two boxen.

--
Best Regards,

mds