Re: /bin/bash: cvs: command not found

On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 11:57:54AM -0700, Bill Moseley wrote:
[need to add a directory to the path for a cvs-over-ssh session]

| Now I assume that's becuase /home/foo/local/bin/cvs is not in the path.
| I tried setting path in .bash_profile (and .bashrc) on the remote
| machine but they don't seem to be read on a ssh connection.

Is 'bash' your login shell?
(also, is that the correct path to cvs on that machine?)

| How do I get foo's PATH updated on the remote machine?

Determine what shell is run when your ssh connection is initiated and
how that shell handles initialization.  Then set the path in one of
those files.

HTH,
-D

--
If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his
cross and follow me.  For whoever wants to save his life will lose it,

http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/