Re: Look at these update from M$ Corporation.

On -5925-Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 11:52:39AM -0700, Alan Connor <alanconnor@earthlink.net> spake thus,
> I get about 3 a day of those, the full file at 200+ kb. Like all spam that
> comes to my box, it goes directly to /dev/null with no stops in between.
>
> Only a couple of lines in the log file stay behind.
>
> If you are running a windoze box, better make sure that your mail program is
> not set to automatically open attachments, because it will trash your OS in
> a blink. You don't have to open it....Happened to a friend.
>

> Alan

Part of me is satisfied by the destruction this idea has caused so
many people with little common sense. Every single spam mail that
escapes SpamAssassin surprises me with new ideas to take advantage of
the intellectually challenged.

At my previous workplace, after the second trojan invasion caused by
mindless drones in the sales or accounting departments opening "Anna
Kournikova Naked Pics" attachments without checking the sender or file
type first, I suggested to our sysadmin that he send out an email that
would say "This is a virus, do not open the attachment under any
circumstances" and attach a simple VB script that would send an e-mail
to him. I instructed him to fire those who opened the attachment in
the name of intellectual Darwinism. He never did it, unfortunately.

I can't say any of those have landed in my inbox, though ;-) Straight
to ~/mail/spam with no stops in between.

--
Aaron Bieber
-