RE: Look at these update from M$ Corporation.

> From greg@gregfolkert.net Thu Jul 31 11:47:57 2003
>

> This is FOUL... FOUL>>> FOUL!!!
>
> The uuencoded piece ==
> ********   Network Associates GroupShield Exchange          **********
> ********  Alert generated at: Thursday, July 31, 2003 08:25:16 AM
> Pacific Daylight Time
>

> The file q395149.zip has been replaced as it contains the New Worm
> virus.
>  Please consult your administrator for further help quoting your ticket
> no. OA57_1059665116_MAIL_SERVER2
>
> Please fix this most hastily.
>
> On Thu, 2003-07-31 at 17:25, Pankaj Mehndiratta wrote:
> > begin 600 alert.txt
> > M*BHJ*BHJ*BH@("!.971W;W)K($%S<V]C:6%T97,@1W)O=7!3:&EE;&0@17AC
> > M:&%N9V4@("`@("`@("`@*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*@T**BHJ*BHJ*BH@($%L97)T(&=E
> > M;F5R871E9"!A=#H@5&AU<G-D87DL($IU;'D@,S$L(#(P,#,@,#@Z,C4Z,38@
> > M04T@4&%C:69I8R!$87EL:6=H="!4:6UE#0HJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ
> > M*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ
> > M*BHJ*BHJ#0H-"@T*5&AE(&9I;&4@<3,Y-3$T.2YZ:7`@:&%S(&)E96X@<F5P
> > M;&%C960@87,@:70@8V]N=&%I;G,@=&AE($YE=R!7;W)M('9I<G5S+@T*(%!L
> > M96%S92!C;VYS=6QT('EO=7(@861M:6YI<W1R871O<B!F;W(@9G5R=&AE<B!H
> > M96QP('%U;W1I;F<@>6]U<B!T:6-K970@;F\N($]!-3=?,3`U.38V-3$Q-E]-
> > ,04E,7U-%4E9%4C(N
> > `
> > end
> --
> Greg Folkert <greg@gregfolkert.net>

I get about 3 a day of those, the full file at 200+ kb. Like all spam that
comes to my box, it goes directly to /dev/null with no stops in between.

Only a couple of lines in the log file stay behind.

If you are running a windoze box, better make sure that your mail program is
not set to automatically open attachments, because it will trash your OS in
a blink. You don't have to open it....Happened to a friend.

Alan

--

      For Linux/Bash users: Eliminate spam with
      the Mailbox-Sentry-Program. See the thread