Re: system has started e-mailing me, cron demon

Stephen Touset wrote:

Did you try restarting anacron when you made the /etc/anacrontab changes? The reason it's working now is probably because you added that line into /etc/cron.d/anacron, and it restarted the next time it came across that.

Try taking out /etc/cron.d/anacron and see if it still works.

Stephen Touset

Removing MAILTO=web from /etc/cron.d/anacron stoped the mailing so it
does seem to be coming from there.
/etc/anacrontab is set to 1:05
/etc/cron.d/anacron is set up as 1:30

It seems they are both running. In all probability the system was
re-booted after my original /etc/anacrontab changes since I have to
regulary boot into windows  to see if web designs are OK in IE.

I am replacing MAILTO=web in /etc/cron.d/anacron &, for consistancy, and
# ing out anacrons line

Will let you know outcome
Dave