Spamd error

When I try to daemonize spamd I get the folowing error:
Cannot assign requested address at /usr/sbin/spamd line 156.

The relative line from the spamd script is:
bind(Server, sockaddr_in($port, $addr))                 || die "bind: $!";

Since spamd is not running I assume that even spamc won't run. I'm using
fetchmail/procmail to fetch and process my mail. One of the lines in my
.procmailrc explicitly run spamc, but it is not working because spam has
(once again) poluted my inbox.

Or should I just use plain spamassassin in my procmail recipe?

Any push in the right direction would be great.

Jernej Zidar