Re: my treo won't sync

On Wed, 2003-07-30 at 23:24, Tom Vier wrote:
>  i've tried both pilot-xfer (from pilot-link) and kpilot. neither recongizes
> it. my visor platinum works fine. there is the minor problem of the usb char
> dev not showing up til you hit the button. if i run pilot-xfer right after
> hitting the sync button, it works for the visor. treo just isn't seen.
>
> does anyone have any tips? this is a treo 90.

I don't have a lot of knowledge about Treo, but some things to consider
from my Visor days:

You need a module to sync, it's somewhat specific to the hardware.  The
Visor used the visor.o module, and my current Clie uses the same.  I
don't know what's the right one for your Treo, but you need to look for
that.

USB loads the module when the sync button is pressed.  Pressing the
button effectively plugs a new device into the USB bus, the hotplug
scripts recognize it (or don't) and load the appropriate module (or
don't).

So, you need to have the module, and you need to have the hotplug
scripts installed, and you need to have them configured to recognize the
Treo device when it appears on the USB bus and load the proper module.

Have you Googled on the topic?

Cheers,
Bret
bwaldow at alum.mit.edu