combining multiple ip's into one variable on iptables script?

Hi,

I'm running a firewall using iptables on each server, these are just
standalone firewalls they then have to go through my main firewall after
woulds to go to their final destinations (just do not ask why ;)).

As each pc will have to use apt-get get get new packages and security
updates, if there a way I can stipulate multiple ip's to one variable?

i.e I use ftp.www.mirror.ac.uk

running nslookup on this gives me multiple ip addresses, I could create
a variable for each IP, i.e

APT_MIRROR_AC_UK_1="194.83.57.3"
APT_MIRROR_AC_UK_2="194.83.57.7"

and so forth, then create rules that allow outbound connections to each
of theses sites, is it possible to combine them all into one variable,
like

APT_MIRROR_AC_UK="194.83.57.3, 194.83.57.7"

Thanks

Mark