regenerate Packages.gz

Gday,

Is there a Debian tool that will help me regenerate Packages.gz from a
pool of packages? I can use dpkg-scanpackages in a script but since i
have woody and sid packages in the same pool directory, the latest
version is written to Packages.gz

Script goes something like

PKGDIR=`find pool -type d -print | uniq`

for PKG in ${PKGDIR}; do
        if [ -d "${PKG}" ]; then
                chmod a+r ${PKG}
                echo Making Packages.gz
                echo
                dpkg-scanpackages ${PKG} /dev/null | gzip -9c >>
dists/stable/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz
	fi

--

Rene Cunningham
DCLabs Pty Ltd

Netscape is not a newsreader, and probably never shall be.
	-- Tom Christiansen