Re: regenerate Packages.gz

On Mon, 2003-07-28 at 23:58, Rene Cunningham wrote:
> Gday,
>
> Is there a Debian tool that will help me regenerate Packages.gz from a
> pool of packages? I can use dpkg-scanpackages in a script but since i
> have woody and sid packages in the same pool directory, the latest
> version is written to Packages.gz
>
> Script goes something like
>
> PKGDIR=`find pool -type d -print | uniq`
>
> for PKG in ${PKGDIR}; do
>         if [ -d "${PKG}" ]; then
>                 chmod a+r ${PKG}
>                 echo Making Packages.gz
>                 echo
>                 dpkg-scanpackages ${PKG} /dev/null | gzip -9c >>
> dists/stable/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz
> 	fi

apt-move is a significant piece I'd say. Here is the Package
apt-move is used to move a collection of Debian package files into a
proper archive hierarchy as is used in the official Debian archive. It
is intended as a tool to help manage the apt-get(8) file cache, but
could be configured to work with any collection of Debian packages.

Running apt-move periodically will assist in managing the resulting
partial mirror by optionally removing obsolete packages, and creating
valid local Packages.gz files.  It can also build a partial or complete
local mirror of a Debian binary distribution (including an
``installed-packages only'' mirror).

Also once you install it make sure you do a "man apt-move"   WOW!

Hope this helps.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net