Re: Cannot Connect to some website on linux

At 11:48 PM 7/27/2003 -0400, ThanhVu Nguyen wrote:
I use Debian Woody, with cable modem connected to the computer via eth0
, it get the ip via dhcp during bootup.  The problem I have is that I
cannot connect to the site www.thatpetplace.com , it just timed out.
I've tried it on various browsers and same result. wget returns this

wget www.thatpetplace.com
--23:44:35--  http://www.thatpetplace.com/
           => `index.html'
Resolving www.thatpetplace.com... done.
Connecting to www.thatpetplace.com[208.30.147.3]:80... failed:
Connection timed out.

I ran into a similar problem some time back. I used Firestarter to build a firewall and it (mistakenly) listed some now-public IP addresses as "non-routable" ones. Simple check, assuming you're running a iptables/ipchains firewall on this machine, is to disable it temporarily. Or, check the rules for the firewall to see if any 208.x.x.x addresses are listed anywhere.

Hall