Re: Cannot Connect to some website on linux

On Sun, 2003-07-27 at 22:59, Kent West wrote:
> ThanhVu Nguyen wrote:
>
> >I use Debian Woody, with cable modem connected to the computer via eth0
> >, it get the ip via dhcp during bootup.  The problem I have is that I
> >cannot connect to the site www.thatpetplace.com , it just timed out.
> >I've tried it on various browsers and same result. wget returns this
> >
> >wget www.thatpetplace.com
> >--23:44:35--  http://www.thatpetplace.com/
> >           => `index.html'
> >Resolving www.thatpetplace.com... done.
> >Connecting to www.thatpetplace.com[208.30.147.3]:80... failed:
> >Connection timed out.
> >

> That redirects to this address:
> http://www.thatpetplace.com/intro/main.html
>
> I'm not sure why you can't go to the original address, though.

# cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn
1

When /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn had the value "1", I couldn't get
to thatpetplace either.  However, I could, after I did this, and
then restarted Mozilla:
# echo "0" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn
# cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn
0

Make sure to reenable tcp_ecn when you're finished!

# echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn
# cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn
1

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net             |
| Jefferson, LA  USA                                              |
| "I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals, I'm a vegetarian  |
|  because I hate vegetables!"                                    |
|    unknown                                                      |