Re: First mail from my Linux

Hi folks,
I would like to thank those who have replied to this thread and update you folks on how the various suggestions have helped.

1) Xwrapper.config has been fixed by reconfiguring xfree86-common. The interesting thing is that eventhough I specifed a 'nice' value of -10, the xdm log warned that it had been overridden with a value of 0 and 'top' showed XFree86 with a 'nice' value of -10.

2) As mentioned in an earlier mail, I am able to set font size and color for xterm.

3) Demand dialing works. I have to do a 'pon' manually or through an exising command script file. 'poff' is because now dependent on a specified value in seconds. What is more user friendly would be as folows: when a webpage is requested, the browser first looks into the cache, and fetch it if available. If not, a window will pop out to request user to log in to the ISP. When done, a small icon will appear to indicate a 'connected' state. When this icon is clicked, a window will appear which indicates the baud rate, the duration of connection and an option to disconnect. MS-Window user will find what I haved siad familiar.

4) As for filesystem GUI, also mentioned in an earlier mail, because of memory constraint, I may have to reconsider the packages suggested.

Again, thanks for all the suggestions

Cheers

Send a fun phone greeting to your friend! http://www.msn.com.sg/mobile/fungreetings/