Re: Unstable Packages

Hello Marcelo!

At Friday 25 July 2003 01:20 Marcelo Macchi wrote:

> Hi there, I'm Marcelo from Argentina and I have download the last
> version of wine for my debian linux, but I have the problem that the
> wine libraries and all the packages of new versions use other
> packages that are unstable. I want to know if there is a way to
> setup my apt program to download all the unstable packages from the
> Debian.org web without to download one by one.

You can set up your apt system and add a line for unstable to your
sources.list, see the Debian Reference[1] for further information,
and do a
apt-get install -t unstable wine
to get the newest debian version of it. Read the reference carefully
or you will end up with a complete sid system.

Be aware that mixing different distributions of debian might lead to
problems, although I can't see any when referring to wine.

HTH,
Flo

[1] http://www.br.debian.org/doc/user-manuals#quick-reference