Re: is a backport of Xfree86 4.2 or 4.3 for woody available?

  >> http://people.debian.org/~mmagallo/packages/xfree86/

  mark> I would personally recommend the above link, as well, also put
  mark> testing in youre apt sources, as it needs a few packages from
  mark> there to install, but I've been running this for around 4
  mark> weeks and it rocks (once I managed to get the fonts sorted
  mark> out).

I added a correctly formated version of the above to my "sources"
file, and did an "apt-get upgrade".  It grabbed (and eventually
installed) many -- but not all -- of the packages.  It gave an error
message (which I can't remember!) implying that there were "problems"
installing the additional files.  I *am* able to use the new X server,
but it is using a combination of old and 4.3 files ...

I've separately transfered all of the files to the machine in
question.  What would people suggest I do now to complete the entire
XFree86 upgrade?

Sorry I can't remember the *exact* error message ...

--
Prof Kenneth H Jacker       khj@cs.appstate.edu
Computer Science Dept       www.cs.appstate.edu/~khj