Re: Copying a dvd movie

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003, Jeff Wiegley, Ph.D. wrote:

> I've spent four *days* trying to get SMTP-AUTH working
> with pam and sendmail. Something that should darn well
> be the default.

Why should smtp-auth be the default?  For non-mail server systems,
the only reason a smtp daemon will be running is for delivery mail
from the local machine to the local machine or remotely.  Ergo, you
don't need to listen on anything other then the loopback device, and
SMTP-AUTH is rather useless.  :)

As for the 4 days, why not hunt down a computer professional?  Heck,
I'm far from a unix guru, and I got
Postfix+PAM+Mysql+SMTP-AUTH+CourierIMAP+Squirrelmail working in an
afternoon, with an hour or two afterwords debugging the system.

~ Jesse Meyer

--
         icq: 34583382 / msn: dasunt@hotmail.com / yim: tsunad

   "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we
    pretend to be." - Kurt Vonnegut Jr : Mother Night