Re: can't configure authentication in exim

    "Francesc" == Francesc Oller <francesc@ferran.upc.es> writes:

    Francesc> Hi all!  I'm trying to configure exim 3.35 as relying to
    Francesc> a outgoing smarthost which

    Francesc> client_send = ": francesc oller : my_passwd"

I'm *guessing* that exim is being tripped up by the space in your user
name. I would try escaping the space so you have "francesc\ oller" for
your user name and see if that helps. I use exactly the same syntax
and it is working for me.

This is just a guess, based on section 36.2 of the manual that says
"Each string is independently expanded before being sent to the
server" regarding the values between the colons.

If all else fails, run ethereal and look at what exim sends out ;-)

Cheers!
Shyamal