Re: Loading drm

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 03:30:09 +0200, Jerry Van Brimmer wrote:

>> The minus sign doesn't mean "not installed". It means "not loaded".
>> Anyway, agp_try_unsupported isn't a silver bullet. If there's a working
>> patch as Roberto described, then use that.
>
> Do I 'have' to have a 2.4.2x kernel to apply the patch to?

I'm unsure what you're getting at.

a) You don't need a kernel-image package. You're going to compile your
own, so you'll actually need the kernel sources (package name
kernel-source-[VERSION]).

b) Concerning the version number, it's advisable to use the kernel version
for which the patch was written. That gives the least problems :-)

Please refer to Roberto's mail, he has elaborated a bit on the details.
Don't give up too soon. Compiling the kernel is actually quite simple when
you go the Debian way and use a pre-made config file.

--
Best Regards,   |   Hi! I'm a .signature virus. Copy me into
 Sebastian      |   your ~/.signature to help me spread!