Re: mkboot

> > I have now worked out the answer to this and feel a bit silly.

> What is the answer?

This is a bit odd. Posting a question, then having to supply the answer :-)

Ii seems to be that mkboot does not deal with the initrd component of the kernel, and so when you boot a floppy that has been made from mkboot pointed at a 2.4 kennel that uses an initrd image, the floppy is incomplete and so a kernel panic ensues.

I did an mkboot aimed at a 2.2 kernel and mkboot worked fine. I tried to edit the lilo.conf on fd0 to look for the initrd on the hard disk, but that didn't work. I tried to copy initrd.img to the floppy, but there was way too little space.

I suppose what I should be asking is how to make a boot floppy for a 2.4 kernel, as mine seem to be too big for a floppy disk?

  Keith O'Connell.                   -o)
  Maidstone, Kent. (UK)              /\\
  kroc@blueyonder.co.uk             _\_v