mkboot

hi,

I wanted to make a boot disk, prior to experimenting with the compiling of kernels.

I ran mkboot /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.18-k7, and the disk was created.

I rebooted and the floppy started to boot up, until it hit a kernel panic. The error message was;

	Root fs not mounted
	VPS: Cannot open root device "303" or 03:03
	Kernel Panic:VFS:Unable to mount root fs on 03:03

Fair enough I thought. I went to the lilo.conf that was on the floppy disk to add "root = /dev/hda3" to the file, only to find it was already there!

So I don't know why the mkboot is giving me a floppy boot disk that fails. Can I have some guidance here?

--
  Keith O'Connell.                   -o)