Re: Obscure Perl modules

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 19:33:30 -0500, Nathan Poznick
<poznick@conwaycorp.net> wrote:

>You asked what you should do to read the documentation from a package.
>If you want to read a package's documentation, you should install or at
>least download the package.  Not rocket science there.  If your intent
>is to browse the documentation for dozens of random packages in the hope
>that you might need one, I would submit that you're going about it
>wrong.  If your intent is to browse the documentation for dozens of
>packages in order to determine if one will meet your needs, I would
>submit that you should instead use a search engine.

I don't like to install "mystery meat" on my computers.

My point was that the documentation on packages.debian.org is terse in
the extreme, and often fails totally to convey the actual content of a
package. One should at least expect to find the name of the original
package, and a link to a documentation page. Most packages are fully
documented on the Web anyway, so just a link to the "home page" would
normally be sufficient.

regards,
--
Leif Biberg Kristensen