Re: how do I get sendmail SMTP-AUTH to use pam (and not SASL2)?

On Sun, 2003-07-20 at 16:13, Kirk Strauser wrote:
> At 2003-07-20T22:42:28Z, "Jeff Wiegley, Ph.D." <jeffw@cyte.com> writes:
>
> > Well, I don't want this. I want sendmail to use the same information
> > present in /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow to do the authentication so that I
> > don't have to keep issuing saslpasswd commands to add users every time I
> > add a user.  It just seems silly to try and keep two different
> > authentication databases synchronized.
>
> That *would* be silly, particularly since you can configure saslauthd to
> authenticate against /etc/passwd and not its own database.

Ok. I don't mind using sasl if it can use the information in /etc/passwd
and /etc/shadow (or go through pam for the same result). I just don't
want to wind up with the hassle of keeping the sasl database
synchronized.

But how and where do I configure this in debian's installation of
sendmail/sasl? and what do I need to run to update/reload it
once I've made changes?

I've made changes to /etc/mail/sasl/Sendmail.conf.2 but they
don't seem to do anything. Maybe I'm not reloading something
or this isn't the place to make such changes?

Any ideas?