Re: Kernel 2.6.0. Dealing with modules

HI,

* Marino Fernandez <mjferna@yahoo.com> [030720 17:29]:
> I recently compiled a 2.6 kernel, and it sems to be working.
>
> I noticed that my pcmcia modem and my usb digital cameras are not recognized
> (I used to mount my camera in /dev/sda1 as a removable mass storage device).
>
> The question really is, how do you manage modules with this kernel, to start
> fiddling with things (other than putting them in /etc/modules)... what is
> init-modules-utils for?

I guess you mean module-init-tools. It's for leading and unloding
modules in kernels 2.5.48 and above.. If you are not sure what a
package does you can always type "apt-cache show <package>", and look
in /usr/share/doc/<package> (that's what I did).

Cheers,

Nick.

--
Debian testing/unstable
Linux twofish 2.6.0-test1-looxt93c6 #1 Thu Jul 17 16:49:12 JST 2003