Re: configuring DHCLIENT-2.2.x

> Hmmmm....so what is the name of you ethernet device? It does sound
> like it is not eth0. If you type 'ifconfig' as root how many devices
> are listed and what are their names?

one device only lo the loopback device, but pegasus is loaded,
hmm im starting to be concerned that the kernel may be buggy.

> You seem to have edited /etc/dhclient.conf or there is an error
> otherwise on line 19. By default this file is empty because you
> usually do not need to add information to it. I would suggest you
> comment everything out.
done.

>     Lars> Jul 19 21:43:15 debian dhclient-2.2.x: Bind socket to
>     Lars> interface: No such device
>
> That means you ethernet device does not exist. I am presuming it is
> eth0.
Indeed, how is a eth device normally raised are the modules just loaded
and wallah?

Lets discuss those USB issues you mentioned.

>     Lars> Jul 19 21:43:15 debian dhclient-2.2.x: exiting.
>
> dhclient-2.2.x gave up (good news: the system is selecting the correct
> dhclient program).

> is no). Perhaps the device is not called eth0? I know nothing about
> the pegasus driver so......?

Well its not as if Im an expert either, How do you query a module to find out who
wrote it? I can bug the author for a bit of helpful info or a pointer to some.
> Cheers!
> Shyamal

===
Lars