Re: configuring DHCLIENT-2.2.x

    "Lars" == Lars Unin <lars_unin@linuxmail.org> writes:

    >> If all this fails, just kill any running dhclient process
    >> (after doing an ifdown eth0) and try running 'dhclient eth0'
    >> and see what it says.
    >>
    Lars> Something about a device not found

Hmmmm....so what is the name of you ethernet device? It does sound
like it is not eth0. If you type 'ifconfig' as root how many devices
are listed and what are their names?

    Lars> 21:43:14 debian dhclient-2.2.x: /etc/dhclient.conf line 19:
    Lars> semicolon expected.

You seem to have edited /etc/dhclient.conf or there is an error
otherwise on line 19. By default this file is empty because you
usually do not need to add information to it. I would suggest you
comment everything out.

    Lars> Jul 19 21:43:15 debian dhclient-2.2.x: Bind socket to
    Lars> interface: No such device

That means you ethernet device does not exist. I am presuming it is
eth0.

    Lars> Jul 19 21:43:15 debian dhclient-2.2.x: exiting.

dhclient-2.2.x gave up (good news: the system is selecting the correct
dhclient program).

Let us concentrate on your ethernet device. I am guessing at this
point that the dhclient program is not the root cause of your
problem. You said you are sure it is initialized correctly. Can you
cut and paste the output of ifconfig into an email (I guess the answer
is no). Perhaps the device is not called eth0? I know nothing about
the pegasus driver so......?

Cheers!
Shyamal