Re: Has debian an online updater?

Tamer Higazi wrote:

> About Online Update....
>
> Hi!
> I am interested to get Debian GNU Linux but i am not sure because i have
> asked myself if Debian Linux has a way for updating the system online. I
> have on my machine SuSE Linux 8.2 running and i have the chance to
> update my system with one click when i am online. The Yast2 Online
> Updater updates the packages if there is something new.
>
> How about Debian?! Is there a Online Updater where i click ones and the
> system is updated for example to a newer version KDE / Gnome or a new X
> windows Server?
>
> Tamer

Hi,

after installing the base system, which is a little more difficult for a
newbie, anything can be updated by the apt-get programm. Also new
installations to your system will be managed by apt-get install
packagename.

To update the whole system (e.g. for security reasons) you run
apt-get upgrade
nothing is more easier than upgrade a running debian system.