X11 Fonts Broken in SID

Since updating my Debian SID system two days ago, X11 fonts are broken. I've just uninstalled, purged, and reinstalled all the X packages I could think of, but the problem still exists.

Even simple applications like xfontsel crash with the following message when started from the command line:

| Warning: Unable to load any usable ISO8859 font
| Segmentation fault

I also noticed the following messages in /var/log/xdm.log:

| Warning: Cannot convert string
| "-adobe-helvetica-medium-r-normal--20-140-100-100-p-100-iso8859-1"
| to type FontStruct
| Warning: Unable to load any usable ISO8859 font

Did anybody else notice these problems?

Thanks for your feedback, Remo