Re: apt problem

On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 12:30:57AM -0400, James Strandboge wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-07-16 at 23:17, Antony Gelberg wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am now running the Woody XFree86 backport.  I then thought I'd be a
> > nutter and go for Gnome 2.2 as well.  But Gnome didn't want to install,
> > perhaps I should have removed something first, so I backed it out.
>
> A couple of packages didn't make it to the mirror last night that would
> prevent an install and upgrade.  That has been fix, and may even be in
> the archive as I am typing this.  If not, try again in a few hours.
>
> BTW-- which version of xfree86 are you using?
>
> Jamie

I'm using 4.3.  Can you provide idiot-proof instructions for the Gnome
upgrade, should they not be:
<add mirror to sources.list>
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade

When I tried the upgrade, a whole host of packages were held back -
nothing went too well after that.  I need to learn more about apt
though.

Antony