tar/NFS problem

Hello

Bascially, I've got 2 computers, one which is my main PC (named desire), and the other is a server (named destiny). I'd like the server to backup the /home/piers directory from the main PC. The server is accessing the main PC by NFS and desire:/home is moutned on destiny:/home/desire. I've put in the following line in the crontab file on destiny:

00 4 * * 0 root rm -f /home/desirebackup/home_backup.tar; tar cf /home/desirebackup/home_backup.tar /home/desire/piers

but when I tested out the "tar cf /home/desirebackup/home_backup.tar /home/desire/piers" I get a lot of "Permissions denied" errors although some files are read OK. (An example is "tar: /home/desire/piers/.mcoprc: Read error at byte 0, reading 31 byes: Permission denied")

Any ideas?

Cheers - Piers