Re: Installing Debian on existing winxp+rh9.0 hdd

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 16:28:11 +0200
Florian Ernst <florian@uni-hd.de> wrote:

> Hello Sudeep!
>
> sudeep mukherjee wrote:
> > Extremely sorry to have messed up the Subject line.
>
> ;) You still seem to have messed up the references... ;)
>
> > I have a Celeron 600MHz with 40 GB Hard Disk.
> >
> > I already have WINXp(Sorry for this) and RH9.0. Want to install
> > Debian Woody. Anypointers would be welcome.
>
> Debian GNU/Linux FAQ
> http://www.debian.org/doc/user-manuals#faq
>
> Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 -- Installation Manual
> http://www.debian.org/releases/woody/installmanual
>
> Debian Reference
> http://www.debian.org/doc/user-manuals#quick-reference
>
> dselect Documentation for Beginners
> http://www.debian.org/doc/user-manuals#dselect
>
> Additionally check out the other fine documentation there as well as
> http://www.debian.org/support
>
> Hmm, looking back these links appear pretty obvious. What else that is
> _not_ covered in these docs would you like to know?
>
> CU,
> Flo

Hi Flo

I have read the install docs in fact I have successfully installed debian woody on my system on a 8gb HDD.

I have another Hard Disk (40gb) which has WINXP and Red Hat 9.0 on it.

I have formatted /dev/hda9. It is a 7 GB partition. I want to install Debian Woody on this Hard Disk as it is a newer and faster (7200 rpm) Hard Disk.

My question is :

When I install Debian where do I tell it to install lilo?

This hard disk already has Grub as the primary boot loader loading rh 9.0 and winxp. How do I get this Grub to show winxp+rh9+debian woody.

I am sorry if my earlier email  was not clear enough. I do not want to install the 8gb hdd on this system. I want only one hdd with winxp+rh9.0+debian woody on it.

Thanks in Advance

Sudeep