Re: Installing Debian on existing winxp+rh9.0 hdd

The way I have done it is install lilo on the first
sector of /dev/hda9.  Then you will need to update
grub to tell him that there is another bootable
install on /dev/hda9 or in grub speak I believe 0,8 .
There are many different ways to do this.  You can
also convert your redhat to lilo and use the one lilo
on the first os to boot both without installing lilo
on the first sector of hda9.  But then you have to be
careful of which os you run lilo from because if the
entries aren't right you could make one os unbootable
by writing lilo from the wrong entry.  Make a boot
disk (mkbootdisk)for your red hat partition before
starting and you can't mess up anything that can't be
fixed.

Peace

http://www.debian.org/doc/user-manuals#quick-reference