Re: Installing Debian on existing winxp+rh9.0 hdd

On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 11:15:40PM +0530, sudeep mukherjee wrote:
> When I install Debian where do I tell it to install lilo?
Don't install lilo if you want to use grub. grub is a bootloader, lilo
is another. Since you already have grub installed and working there's
not much point in switching to lilo.

> This hard disk already has Grub as the primary boot loader loading rh 9.0 and winxp. How do I get this Grub to show winxp+rh9+debian woody.

I think the file to edit is menu.lst it contains all the entries that
show up in the grub menu. Add an entry for Debian to it and then reboot.

Hope that helps,
Bijan