Re: NFS3 support in Debian - file size problem

In article <[🔎] 20030714214311.O3469@msi.unilim.fr>,
Hubert Mercier - Laboratoire MSI  <mercier@msi.unilim.fr> wrote:
>I am currenlty trying to replace my Mdk backup server with a Debian one.
>For this to work, i need complete nfs3 support, which includes support for
>files greater than 2G.
>
>Currently i can't use this feature :-(

Why not? You're not telling us what goes wrong..

>I have recompiled my kernel and
>activated the 2 options :
>
>CONFIG_NFS_V3
>CONFIG_NFSD_V3
>
>But that's not enough. I need this because my backup are huge files
>generated by dump. so i can't split them :-(

But what are you trying to do, what are you actually doing, what
are you expecting as a result and what do you actually get as a result ?

Make sure you have installed the nfs-kernel-server (not the
nfs-user-server) and that you are actually mounting the filesystem
on the client as NFSv3.

Oh, and you need a 2.4 kernel on both the client and the server,
and the "latest" debian-stable (woody) distribution.

Mike.