NFS3 support in Debian - file size problem

Hello all.

I am currenlty trying to replace my Mdk backup server with a Debian one.
For this to work, i need complete nfs3 support, which includes support for
files greater than 2G.

Currently i can't use this feature :-( I have recompiled my kernel and
activated the 2 options :

CONFIG_NFS_V3
CONFIG_NFSD_V3

But that's not enough. I need this because my backup are huge files
generated by dump. so i can't split them :-(

If one of you has a clue... thank you !

PS : Sorry for my poor english ;-)

                              M. Hubert Mercier,
                             Faculté des Sciences