Re: TCP/IP printing under Debian

Leif B. Kristensen escribio el 14/07/03 19:46:
I've worked a lot with UNIX administration, but I have no experience
with printer installation. The howtos that I have been able to find on
the net so far, seem mostly to deal with installation of parallel
printers, and with the use of some GUI tool. Can anybody direct me to a
basic resource on CLI-based TCP/IP printer setup under Debian/Linux?

Install CUPS (the cupsys package) and then the foomatic-bin and foomatic-db packages, the most complete printer driver database and helpers. Follow their docs and manpages, they are very easy to follow, and luckily with a single command line your printer will be set up.

Regads, Ismael