RE: New IDE drive dramatically slow system?

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003, Joyce, Matthew wrote:

> > having a slow system due to adding a disk is equally bad as a
> > scrambled disk.....  ( fix the problems that causing the symptoms )
> > 	-- dont mix drives unless they are both ata-100
> > 	and both have 2MB disk buffers .. etc.etc..
> >
> > c ya
> > alvin
> >

> I've never heard of matching buffers before.

mixing w/ 8MB buffer disk cache is a recent problem
since its been around a year or two

and you do have to keep those disk buffers the same on the
same ide cable  along w/  the same ata-66 vs ata-100 vs ata-133

mix and match and you lose... :-)
	- time, data and/or $$$

c ya
alvin