Re: Installing SSL

On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 02:15:41PM +0800, Jackson Cheng wrote:
> This is Jackson, and I'm now having a problem with the package SSL. I was
> using my real IP for my first installation with SSL (apt-get install
> apache-ssl), then I got a warning message saying that "[alert] apache-ssl:
> Could not determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using
> 127.0.0.1 for ServerName...

You need to specify a hostname that resolves to an IP address in
/etc/apache/httpd.conf

ServerName whateverhostname.com

As long as this IP address resolves to an IP address, apache shouldnt
complain.

--

Rene Cunningham
DCLabs Pty Ltd

If you want to program in C, program in C.  It's a nice language.  I
use it occasionally...   :-)
             -- Larry Wall in <7577@jpl-devvax.JPL.NASA.GOV>