SSH: Corrupted MAC on input error - keeps recurring

Hi,

I've got a Debian 3.0 stable server running (with a few packages from testing), and am having some trouble with the SSH server.  I've tried using both PuTTY and ssh.com's client, and get the error "Corrupted MAC on input" or "incorrect MAC on packet" with both clients.
This usually occurs when a large amount of data is being sent across the SSH session in a short period of time (like when running some program that dumps data to stdout or using X11 Forwarding).
Since I get the same error with both clients (with the PuTTY imitate MAC bug option set to either On or Off), and also after having tried Blowfish encryption instead of the default, I'm guessing that this is a server-side error.  Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks a lot.
-- Anand Atreya