Re: Spamassassin became extemely slow after upgrade to latest version (2.55-2)

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 01:23:37 -0700
Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.ca> wrote:
> Which is it?  Spamassassin *will* take forever, but spamc/spamd
> don't.  Consider dman's spamassassin/exim integration, it performs
> pretty well.

    Well for me it is quite specific.  spamc calling spamd from inside sa-exim
3.0 running under exim 4.2.

ii  exim4-base     4.20-1         EXperimental Internal Mailer -- a Mail Trans
ii  exim4-config   4.20-1         Debian configuration for exim4
ii  exim4-daemon-h 4.20-1         Exim (v4) with extended features
ii  sa-exim        3.0-1          Use Spam-Assassin at SMTP time with the Exim
ii  spamassassin   2.55-2         Perl-based spam filter using text analysis
ii  spamc          2.55-2         Client for perl-based spam filtering daemon

    Clean messages seem to be taking longer than spam.  Last 10 clean messages
as reported by spamd:

31.3 seconds,
31.1 seconds,
30.9 seconds,