Re: Spamassassin became extemely slow after upgrade to latest version (2.55-2)

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 00:30:23 -0500
Marino Fernandez <mjferna@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am not sure about using bayesian filtering.. I think so... can you not use
> it?, or, is it worth using SA without it?.
> I have several BAYES_* files in my /home/user/.spamassassin folder, so I
> guess it is enabled.

    Well, SA as of 2.50 included Bayesian filtering into it.  If it is
enabled for autolearning there might be some delay as the message is scanned
by the Bayesian filter and the databases updated.

    The easiest way to know if you have it up and running is to look at the
size of the bayes_msgcount file in ~/.spamassassin.  There will be 1 dot for
every message scanned by the filter so the filesize is the number of messages
scanned.  If it's more than, say, a few dozen and the datestamp on the file is
recent then, yeah, you have it running.