Re: Securing POP3

Chris,

Perdition 1.11 can function as a POP3s proxy. Currently it's in
unstable, which might not be what you want.  If you're comfortable
compiling apps from source, you can get the distribution and docs from
http://www.vergenet.net/linux/perdition. I had to add an extra debian
package or two and create a link to get everything working. Can provide
the details if you'd like.

Tried Qpopper and had trouble with it. Particularly with Outlook Express
and attachments, and with uses who leave mail on the server.  Sometimes
it workes fine, other times it refuses to download the mail. Tried all the
suggested fixes but still have the problems. Have about 1700 users, so
YMMV. The qpopper mailing list has lots of traffic on this issue.

Ernest Johanson
Systems Administrator
Fuller Theological Seminary