Re: Gnome-Terminal size not restored

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 12:15:18 -0400
Hubert Chan <hubert@uhoreg.ca> wrote:

> [...]
>
> Javier> I have saved the session after resizing the terminal to my
> Javier> favoured size. In my previous system, which was sensitively
> Javier> slower than the one I use now, you could see the window
> spawning Javier> at the desired size and then shrinking back to 80x24
> Javier> (characters); I don't know if that's still going on with the
> Javier> current versions, because I don't have an eye that fast :)
>
> I get the same thing on my system.  It starts off at the right size,
> then shrinks itself.  AFAICT, it only happens if I start off with some
> tabs open (but I haven't tried with no tabs for a while).

The best way I have found to keep the gnome terminal is size is by changing the font size in
Settings >> Preferences >> General >> Fonts >> Browse
Here pick font (some will distort the screen badly, be aware!) and size of font.
The size of the font changes the size of the terminal.
When you open your terminal again the last size of terminal will be there.