Re: How to play CD and video in debian?

On Monday 07 July 2003 10:45 pm, Roberto Sanchez wrote:
>  --- James Ng Yuen Sum <james_nghk_debian_user@yahoo.com.hk> escribió:
> > I am using kde3.1.2, but the system cannot play CD and video CD.
> > when i insert a CD in the cdrom, and doing
> > "mount /dev/cdrom"
> > there is some error,
> > mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/cdrom,
> > or too many mounted file systems
> > and running kscd getting error messages.

AudioCD are not supposed to be mounted. Just play them, use any CD playing
program... try xmms

> > when i insert video cd, i can mount the video cd, but cannot use xine-ui
> > to see the movie. I can do so when i am using RedHat, therefore, i think
> > that the problem is under my configuraton.
> >
> > Can anyone help me to solve this problem?

Do xine-check... what is the output.
It is possible that your /dev/dvd symlink points to the wrong block device (as
somebody just mentioned in a prevoius post); check in /dev/dvd... where does
it point.
Just to be sure, what do you have on fstab for your cd/dvd?