Re: How to play CD and video in debian?

 --- James Ng Yuen Sum <james_nghk_debian_user@yahoo.com.hk> escribió:
> I am using kde3.1.2, but the system cannot play CD and video CD.
> when i insert a CD in the cdrom, and doing
> "mount /dev/cdrom"
> there is some error,
> mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/cdrom,
> or too many mounted file systems
> and running kscd getting error messages.
>
> when i insert video cd, i can mount the video cd, but cannot use xine-ui
> to see the movie. I can do so when i am using RedHat, therefore, i think
> that the problem is under my configuraton.
>
> Can anyone help me to solve this problem?
>
> Regards,
> James Ng

Most likely your /dev/cdrom does not point to the correct raw device.
Make sure that you have the ide-scsi module loaded (assuming you are
using SCSI emulation) and that /dev/cdrom is a link to /dev/scd0 (assuming
that this is the first CD drive in the machine).  It is not necessary for
it to be a direct link, on my machine /dev/cdrom points to /dev/cdrom0 which
points to /dev/scd0, but it ultimately must point there.

-Roberto

Yahoo! Messenger - Nueva versión GRATIS
http://messenger.yahoo.es