Re: ATAPI CD-writer

On Tuesday 08 July 2003 11:08, Daniel Teichert wrote:
> And I heard Pigeon exclaim:
> > On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 11:23:25PM +1200, cr wrote:
> > > I believe I also probably need sg and sr_mod.   Can they also be loaded
> > > via modprobe?   And - this is probably a stupid question but, where
> > > would I find these modules - sg, sr_mod and  ide-scsi?   insmod  can't
> > > find them -
>
> I apologize since this is probably either redundant, wrong or
> both--I've deleted the rest of the thread. I just discovered
> that I didn't actually need the ide-scsi stuff to do cd burning;
> on my unstable box:
>
> cdrecord -v ATAPI: -scanbus
>
> ...gives me a device list with my ATAPI cd writer in it, and:

Hmm, I just get:

cdrecord: No such file or directory. No read access for 'ATAPI:'.

But I'm using Woody, maybe your version of cdrecord is a newer one?  Mine's
1.10.

> cdrecord -v ATAPI:0,0,0 blank=fast cdrom.iso
>
> ...burns the .iso.
>
> Once again, apologies in advance for irrelevance.

No, not irrelevant, I'm sure I'd heard somewhere that newer versions of
(some) cd-writers had been developed to use IDE/ATAPI directly rather than
only SCSI.

cr